This tour is designed for everyone. A group of friends, families with young children, couples, friends or solo travelers who interested in the history of the former capital and second kingdom of Thailand ‘Ayutthaya’ (1350-1767). The Ayutthaya historical park is internationally famous. UNESCO recognizes Ayutthaya as World Heritage Site since 1991. You will see beautiful ruins of temples, the famous Buddha head suspended in tree roots and enjoy a relaxing boat trip along the rivers surrounded by Ayutthaya during your tour.
Duration tour: 8 hours Transportation: Private Van with Air-Condition
Recommend time: 7am – 3pm or 11am – 7pm (Sunset)
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) Wat Mahathat TripAdvisor Reviews : The iconic image of ‘a Buddha head suspended in tree roots’ This is a “Must See” in Ayutthaya. Wat Mahathat it’s one of the oldest temples in Ayutthaya built in 14C.
2) Wat Phrasrisanphet TripAdvisor Reviews : This temple is an architectural prototype temple of the Emerald Buddha temple in Bangkok. You will also visit the area that used to be an ancient palace of Ayutthaya kingdom.
3) Wat Lokayasuttharam TripAdvisor Reviews : This highlight is the oldest reclining Buddha image in all of Thailand and it’s over 600 years old.
4) Local Speed Boat TripAdvisor Reviews : Cruise around Ayutthaya’s historical park. 3 rivers that make the historical park as though it’s an island on the map view surround the historical park. This is the reason why Ayutthaya was the longest reigning capital of Thailand. Enjoy seeing local Thai lifestyle along the river while feeding the rivers catfish. If you start the tour in the afternoon (12pm-8pm) you can enjoy a beautiful sunset while you are on the boat trip. You can walk up to Wat Chaiwatthanaram at the end of the boat cruise for a final sunset view. (weather permitting)
5) Wat Chaiwatthanaram TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the most beautiful temple complex in Ayutthaya. Where you can see a replica of Angkor Wat temple, one of the 7 Wonders of the World. If you start the tour in the afternoon (12pm-8pm) you can enjoy a perfect silhouette sunset at this temple, a truly perfect place to end the day.
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours to your select places depend on location and traffic in Bangkok. Below are the details)
After finish the tour, the driver and I can drop you at the various different places in Bangkok, depend on where you would like to continue your own activities. We would happy to drop you at your request places located in Bangkok or these most request places; below are suggestion places and other details’)
Option 1) Drop off at your hotel.
Option 2) Jim Thompson House TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Jim Thompson house is a perfect indoor place for you, not only for silk lovers, but it’s a great place for who is looking to learn and see about Thai house and Thai living style. Jim Thompson was the American Businessman who moved and lived in Thailand after the world war II, he made Thai silk industry become well known to worldwide, what made his story became famous because of once he traveled to Malaysia and he just disappeared, and no one cannot find his body which it’s quite mystery story until today. The Jim Thompson House is open every day at 9 am – 6 pm. There are many English speaking guides provided by Jim Thompson House, a guide will explain you story about Jim Thompson, Thai living style, Thai decoration inside beautiful 2 storey teak wood house which used to own by Jim Thompson etc. The tour is joining group of 10-15 persons for 40 minutes tour around the beautiful teak wood house. The ticket fee is 150 Baht per person include English speaking guide.
Option 3) MBK Mall TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) One of the most famous biggest 7 storey air-con shopping mall for Thais and tourists where is open every day at 10am-10pm. This mall is very popular for tourists who are looking for Thai souvenirs (the 3rd floor) where there are many options, reasonable prices and enjoyable in air-con for shopping, this mall also has knockoff brand name products such as bags, watches or etc.
Option 4) ‘Chatuchak’ Weekend Market TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Weekend Market where is opened only on Saturday and Sunday at 9am-7pm. This biggest market is one of the most destination open-air shopping market for Thais and tourists who are looking for local Thai souvenirs and shopping. There are more than 8000 Shops where you can select many types of souvenir products with many options and reasonable price ranges. I highly recommend this market as it’s my favorite shopping [place in Bangkok if your tour in Bangkok is on the weekend (Sat-Sun)
Using a private van with air-conditioning on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 5 – 7 kilometers / 3 – 4 miles. The boat riding takes approximately time 40-60 minutes. The approximate driving distance from Bangkok to the Ayutthaya is 1.30 – 2 hours in each way.
The tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups, friends, families with young children who may not be used to the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
Price per person in THB
1) All temple ticket fees
3) Licensed English Speaking Guide (I will pick you up/drop off at your hotel or your request places in Bangkok)
4) Private Van Commuter: Air-Conditioned with professional licensed driver + Refreshments (cold waters and cold towels) + Fuel + Tolls + Parking fees
5) Travel accident insurance
Not Included :
1) Lunch per person costs approximately 80-150 THB for local street foods or 200-300 THB for restaurants
2) (If the tour takes longer than 8 hours) Overtime after 8 hours for tour guide and driver are 600 THB per hour per group
3) Pick up or/and drop off at the airports or hotels around Donmuang Airport (DMK) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) Please click here for more details
|Terms & Conditions :
Update my daily tour here: