Essential Bangkok + Evening Food Tour
This is designed for small groups, families with young children, couples, friends or solo travelers who are visiting Bangkok for the first time. As a warm welcome trip to Bangkok, this itinerary brings you to all the highlighted gems of Bangkok that you shouldn’t miss such as Buddhist temples, Royal Palace, rivers & canals, and authentic Thai foods. After you finish this tour, you will know Thais very well and no doubt why Thailand internationally is known as the ‘Land of smile’ people.
Duration Tour: 9 hours
Transportation: Public Transportation or Private Van
Recommend time: 11am-8pm (Flexible time)
(Estimate driving distance 30 – 50 minutes from your hotel to temples, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) The Royal Grand Palace TripAdvisor Reviews
& 2) The Emerald Buddha Temple TripAdvisor Reviews : : Visit the current kingdom of Thailand where all Thai kings have used this palace to rule the country in ‘Absolute Monarchy’ during 1782-1932 and also used to be the private residence of the Kings and Royal families. Inside the Grand Palace, there is the most beautiful temple in Thailand ‘The Emerald Buddha Temple’ where is the most highly respected Buddha image for Thais called ‘The Emerald Buddha’.
3) The Reclining Buddha Temple ‘Wat Pho’ TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the most beautiful Reclining Buddha image in Thailand. This temple is also regarded as the first public university in Thailand where the prescriptions of Thai traditional massage techniques are taught even to the present day.
4) The Temple of Dawn ‘Wat Arun’ TripAdvisor Reviews : Climbing up on the tower to the beautiful ‘Chaopraya River’ and ‘The Grand Palace’ at the other side of the river view. This temple was the previous kingdom of Thailand before The Grand Palace in 1676 – 1782. The ‘Prang – corncob shape tower’ is decorated by porcelain od 67 meters tall.
5) Canal tour TripAdvisor Reviews : Take a long tail speed boat along the original Chaophraya River, well known to be the “Venice of the East”. You will see and experience local Thai-style houses, spirit houses and lifestyle of people living nearby the canal and river.
6) Flower Market ‘Pak Klong Talat’ TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the biggest wholesale flower market in Thailand. You will see many different types of flowers and a variety of colors such as marigolds, orchids, roses, jasmine flowers and etc. Thais use these flowers as a daily offering to Buddhist & Hindu temples, spirit houses. Also, these flowers are often exported to many countries in the western world.
7) Evening dinner food tour – Please feel free to select one of the recommended local restaurants below lists;
7.1) Chinatown TripAdvisor Reviews is well known for Thais and tourists for one of the best evening street foods in Bangkok. There are many vendors get ready to offer various type of delicious Thai foods and desserts. The local vendor where I would recommend is Fikeaw Yaowaraj TripAdvisor Reviews The famous local street food outdoor restaurant well known for seafoods such as sea-bass fish, red snapper, crab, prawn, squid etc and various menus with authentic Thai recipe (Perfect for the group which is looking for local street foods style, open mind eating in the different atmosphere) Remark: Every street vendors at Chinatown close every Mondays.
7.2) PadThai Thipsamai TripAdvisor Reviews One of the most famous and delicious Padthai recipe in Bangkok. (Perfect for the group who is a big fan of PadThai and interesting to try real Padthai. This restaurant only make Padthai with shrimp or egg, there is no other options or other food menus)
7.3) Krua Khun Kung Restaurant TripAdvisor Reviews Local authentic Thai restaurant with delicious and authentic Thai cuisines such as all style of Thai curry, stir-fried, Thai soup, spring rolls etc. (Perfect for the group who is looking for a nice atmosphere indoor restaurant and various type of delicious Thai food with reasonable prices. Available for everything such as pork, chicken, kinds of seafood or vegetarian etc.)
7.4) Thai Vegetarian or Vegan Restaurant TripAdvisor Reviews – Delicious fusion Thai menus (Perfect for the group who is specifically looking for Thai vegetarian or vegan foods)
(Estimate driving distance 30 – 50 minutes to your select places depend on location and traffic in Bangkok. Below are the details)
Using Public Transportation on tour:
This tour uses public transportation with a walking distance of approximately 10 – 12 kilometers or 6 – 8 miles on tour. The boat riding takes approximately time 40-60 minutes. It is suitable for fit, active and strong persons who are able to walk in a hot climate and high humidity all day. The average temperatures in Bangkok during the daytime 31-37C / 91-97F and Humidity 70-90%. Using public transportation is very fast and very convenience in Bangkok. There are many options for public transportation in Bangkok such as taxi’s, riverboats, buses, tuk tuk’s, BTS Sky-Train, MRT (subway) and more. I will find the most suitable way to travel in Bangkok (based on your hotel location) during your tour to avoid traffic jams and maximize your time on the tour as much as possible.
Using a private van with air-conditioning on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
This Tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups of friends or families with young children who may not get used to continually walk with the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 6 – 8 kilometers / 4 – 5 miles on tour. The boat riding takes approximately time 40-60 minutes.
|Private Tour – Price per person in THB|
|Pax||Public Transportation||Private Van|
1) All temple ticket fees
3) Your selection vehicle;
4) Licensed English Speaking Guide (I will pick you up/drop off at your hotel or your request places in Bangkok)
5) Travel accident insurance
Not Included :
1) Lunch per person costs approximately 80-150 THB for local street foods or 200-300 THB for restaurants.
2) (If the tour takes longer than 9 hours) Overtime after 9 hours for the tour guide is 500 THB per hour per group.
3) Pick up or/and drop off at the airports or hotels around Donmuang Airport (DMK) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) Please click here for more details
|Terms & Conditions :
Update my daily tour here: