Train Market + Floating Market + Ayutthaya
This tour is designed for everyone. A group of friends, families with young children, couples, friends or solo travelers who are looking for excitement with mixture type of activities such as markets, boat ride, historical temples. Get your camera ready to record the video while the train runs pass through the ‘Train Market’, Fun activities on the boat ride along the fruit farms at the ‘Floating Market’ which are fun activities for everyone especially for young children or teenagers in a group. Continue afternoon tour at the different city ‘Ayutthaya’ where was the former capital and second kingdom of Thailand ‘Ayutthaya’ (1350-1767). The Ayutthaya historical park is internationally famous. UNESCO recognizes Ayutthaya as World Heritage Site since 1991. You will see beautiful ruins of temples and the highlight famous Buddha head suspended in tree roots and enjoy a relaxing boat trip along the rivers surrounded by Ayutthaya during your tour.
Duration tour: 12 hours Transportation: Private Van with Air-Condition
Recommend time: 6.30am – 6.30pm
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Bangkok to the Train Market, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) Train Market ‘Talat Rom Hoop’ TripAdvisor Reviews : This fresh local outdoor market is something you will not soon forget. We will visit and walk through the narrow market stalls along the train tracks. Vendors sell everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, dried shrimp, fresh fish, fresh meats and offer many prepared foods to buy. The fresh market is located along the tracks of a functioning commuter train. It’s truly amazing to watch as the train comes through the market multiple times per day and the vendors will pull aside their tents, umbrellas, stalls and fresh foods to allow for room for the train to pass in between their stalls and the tracks. The train is used as public transportation and usually passes through the market 6 times a day. The Train Market makes some great photos & videos to bring home and leaves you with a memory of a lifetime.
(Estimate driving distance 20 minutes from the Train Market to Floating Market)
2) Floating Market ‘Damnoen Saduak’ TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the Original Floating Market in Thailand is a popular area to visit. It’s been an active place for locals for over 150 years. You can take the local speedboats through the man-made canal. You will see many local Thai houses and fruit farms as we pass through the Floating Market villages. We will stop to visit the floating market where you will be able to eat fresh fruits and freshly prepared food directly from the local vendors along the canals.
(Estimate driving distance 2.30 – 3 hours from Floating Market to Ayutthaya. Below itinerary, all the temples are located very close to the historical park, it’s about 5-10 minutes by driving to each temple)
3) Wat Mahathat TripAdvisor Reviews : The iconic image of ‘a Buddha head suspended in tree roots’ This is a “Must See” in Ayutthaya. Wat Mahathat it’s one of the oldest temples in Ayutthaya built in 14C.
4) Wat Phrasrisanphet TripAdvisor Reviews : This temple is an architectural prototype temple of the Emerald Buddha temple in Bangkok. You will also visit the area that used to be an ancient palace of Ayutthaya kingdom.
5) Wat Lokayasuttharam TripAdvisor Reviews : This highlight is the oldest reclining Buddha image in all of Thailand and it’s over 600 years old.
6) Local Speed Boat TripAdvisor Reviews : Cruise around Ayutthaya’s historical park. 3 rivers that make the historical park as though it’s an island on the map view surround the historical park. This is the reason why Ayutthaya was the longest reigning capital of Thailand. Enjoy seeing local Thai lifestyle along the river while feeding the rivers catfish. You can enjoy a beautiful sunset while you are on the boat trip. You can walk up to Wat Chaiwatthanaram at the end of the boat cruise for a final sunset view. (weather permitting)
7) Wat Chaiwatthanaram TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the most beautiful temple complex in Ayutthaya. Where you can see a replica of Angkor Wat temple, one of the 7 Wonders of the World. If you start the tour in the afternoon (12pm-8pm) you can enjoy a perfect silhouette sunset at this temple, a truly perfect place to end the day.
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Ayutthaya back to Bangkok, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
Using a private van with air-conditioning on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 5 – 7 kilometers / 3 – 4 miles. The boat riding total takes approximately time 2 hours (At the Floating Market 1 hour and Ayutthaya 1 hour). The approximate driving distance from Bangkok – Train Market – Floating Market – Ayutthaya is 5 hours.
The tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups, friends, families with young children who may not be used to the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
Price per person in THB
1) All temple ticket fees
3) Licensed English Speaking Guide (I will pick you up/drop off at your hotel or your request places in Bangkok)
4) Private Van Commuter: Air-Conditioned with professional licensed driver + Refreshments (cold waters and cold towels) + Fuel + Tolls + Parking fees
5) Travel accident insurance
Not Included :
1) Lunch per person costs approximately 80-150 THB for local street foods or 200-300 THB for restaurants
2) (If the tour takes longer than 12 hours) Overtime after 12 hours for tour guide and driver are 600 THB per hour per group
3) Pick up or/and drop off at the airports or hotels around Donmuang Airport (DMK) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) Please click here for more details
|Terms & Conditions :
Update my daily tour here: