Agricultural Village ‘Klong Mahasawat’ + ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market
This tour is designed for small groups, families with young children, couples, friends or solo travelers who have already visited major sites in Bangkok and who looking for new activities where you have never seen by your average tourist sites or tour groups. Get ‘Off The Beaten Track’ and explore the new ‘Agricultural Village’ where you can see truly local Thai lifestyles as we are a truly agriculture country and visit one of the famous authentic Thai food market on the canal where you can enjoy various type of delicious Thai meals for lunch. This itinerary is perfect for travelers who are interesting to try authentic Thai foods. And these places are non-touristic areas, only local Thais.
Duration tour: 8 hours Transportation: Private Van with Air-Condition
Day: Weekend Sat-Sun Recommend time: 7.30am – 3.30pm
(Estimate driving distance 1 – 1.30 hours from Bangkok to the Agricultural Village, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) Agricultural Village ‘Klong Mahasawat’ More Details : The local Agricultural Village ‘Klong Mahasawat’ is located outside Bangkok about 50 kilometers / 30 miles away from where local Thais live near by the river canals. They produce a varuious type of local products such as flowers, fruits, rice etc. and either sell these products to Bangkok or export to western countries. Welcome to local Thai agricultural village and enjoy this tour by taking local boat ride takes time approximately 2 – 2.30 hours to do these 4 different fun activities;
(Estimate driving distance 40 minutes from the Agricultural Village to ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market)
2) ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market TripAdvisor Reviews : 1 – 2 hours enjoy spending lunch time and walk at the local ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market where local Thais usually cook and sell Thai foods&snacks by their own unique recipes as a part-time job on the weekend. This market is located about 30 Kilometers / 18 miles outside Bangkok. Enjoy meals with delicious various type of Thai cuisines and snacks and sitting down at bamboo tables&benches along the breezy canal. (Recommended Thai foods: smoked fish serve with fresh vegetables and seafood sauce, hot smoked ribs marinate with honey, delicious grill chicken, papaya salad, noodles, crispy rice crackers etc.) Local Thais who lived near by this market or Bangkok are always like to go to this market on the weekend to spend time and eat with their family, also they like to buy local ingredients, foods and seasonal fruits.
(Estimate driving distance 1 – 1.30 hours to your select places depend on location and traffic in Bangkok. Below are the details)
After finish the tour, the driver and I can drop you at the various different places in Bangkok, depend on where you would like to continue your own activities. We would happy to drop you at your request places located in Bangkok or these most request places; below are suggestion places and other details’)
Option 1) Drop off at your hotel.
Option 2) Jim Thompson House TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Jim Thompson house is perfect indoor place for you, not only for silk lovers, but it’s great place for who are looking to learn and see about Thai house and Thai living style. Jim Thompson was the American Business man who moved and lived in Thailand after the world war II, he made Thai silk industry become well known to world wide, what made his story became famous because of once he traveled to Malaysia and he just disappeared, and no one cannot find his body which it’s quite mystery story until today. The Jim Thompson House is open everyday at 9am – 6pm. There are many English speaking guides provided by Jim Thompson House, guide will explain you story about Jim Thompson, Thai living style, Thai decoration inside beautiful 2 storey teak wood house which used to own by Jim Thompson etc. The tour is join group of 10-15 persons for 40 minutes tour around the beautiful teak wood house. The ticket fee is 150 Baht per person include English speaking guide.
Option 3) MBK Mall TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) One of the most famous biggest 7 storey air-con shopping mall for Thais and tourists where is open every day at 10am-10pm. This mall is very popular for tourists who are looking for Thai souvenirs (the 3rd floor) where there are many options, reasonable prices and enjoyable in air-con for shopping, this mall also has knockoff brand name products such as bags, watches or etc.
Option 4) ‘Chatuchak’ Weekend Market TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Weekend Market where is opened only on Saturday and Sunday at 9am-7pm. This biggest market is one of the most destination open-air shopping market for Thais and tourists who are looking for local Thai souvenirs and shopping. There are more than 8000 Shops where you can select many type of souvenir products with many options and reasonable price ranges. I highly recommend this market as it’s my favorite shopping [place in Bangkok if your tour in Bangkok is on the weekend (Sat-Sun)
Using a private van with air-condition on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 2 – 4 kilometers / 1 – 3 miles. The boat riding takes approximately time 2 – 2.30 hours. The approximate driving distance from Bangkok to the Agricultural Village ‘Klong Mahasawat’ and ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market are 1.30 – 2 hours on each way.
The tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups of friends, families with young children or who may not get used to the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
Price per person in THB
2) Private Van Commuter: Air-Conditioned with professional licensed driver + Refreshments (cold waters and cold towels) + Fuel + Tolls + Parking fees
3) Licensed English Speaking Guide (I will pick you up/drop off at your hotel or your request places in Bangkok)
4) Travel accident insurance
Not Included :
1) Lunch per person costs approximately 80-150 THB for local street foods or 200-300 THB for restaurants
2) (If the tour takes longer than 8 hours) Overtime after 8 hours for tour guide and driver are 600 THB per hour per group
3) Pick up or/and drop off at the airports or hotels around Donmuang Airport (DMK) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) Please click here for more details
– Bring extra things on tour: To prevent heat stroke, overheating or sunburn; I would recommend you bring suncream, sunglasses, medicine, hat or umbrellas etc. if you need.
– Recommended outfit on tour: To do each activities at the Agricultural Village, you may have to getactivityt the boat many times for 4 different platforms, I would recommend you can wear comfortable clothing and shoes which are easy for your movement of each activities. At the village, there are many local old Thais generation who are quite conservative about clothing cover the body (It’s about the culture, I can explain you more details on tour) if you wear very sexy outfits such as very very short pants, tank tops, no bra or any type of outfits which it shows secret parts of the body, you might end up feel uncomfortable on tour that local Thais might serious looking or staring on your sexy outfits which is considered as inappropriate for Thai culture. Because of the weather is quite hot and humid, I would recommend you wear any comfortable clothing such as thin material of short sleeves shirt, light weight material pants knee length etc. would be great for this tour.
– Thai Baht cash on tour: The balance payment is only required THB cash on tour. I do not have a credit card swipe machine with me on/during the tours. Local shops, vendors, souvenir shops, transportation etc. are required only THB cash. You can able pay by credit card only at the restaurant and there are 2-3% surcharged.
|Terms & Conditions :
|Inquiry tour(s) or check my availability, please click here|
Update my daily tour here: