Train Market + Floating Market + ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market
This tour is designed for small groups, families with young children, couples, friends or solo travelers who have already visited major sites in Bangkok and looking to see famous markets outside Bangkok, this itinerary is perfect for travelers who are interested seeing many types of local Thai markets with 3 different unique markets in the different styles. The famous exciting Train Market and Floating Market which are fun activities especially for young children or teenagers in your group. Follow by visit one of the famous local authentic Thai food market on the canal where you can enjoy various type of delicious Thai meals for lunch. This itinerary is perfect for travelers who are interesting to try authentic Thai foods, a mixture of touristic + non-touristic areas only local Thais.
Duration tour: 8 hours Transportation: Private Van with Air-Condition
Day: Weekend Sat-Sun Recommend time: 6.30am – 2.30pm
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Bangkok to the Train Market, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) Train Market ‘Talat Rom Hoop’ TripAdvisor Reviews : This fresh local outdoor market is something you will not soon forget. We will visit and walk through the narrow market stalls along the train tracks. Vendors sell everything from fresh fruits and vegetables, dried shrimp, fresh fish, fresh meats and offer many prepared foods to buy. The fresh market is located along the tracks of a functioning commuter train. It’s truly amazing to watch as the train comes through the market multiple times per day and the vendors will pull aside their tents, umbrellas, stalls and fresh foods to allow for room for the train to pass in between their stalls and the tracks. The train is used as public transportation and usually passes through the market 6 times a day. The Train Market makes for some great photos & videos to bring home and leaves you with a memory of a lifetime.
(Estimate driving distance 20 minutes from the Train Market to Floating Market)
2) Floating Market ‘Damnoen Saduak’ TripAdvisor Reviews : Visit the Original Floating Market in Thailand is a popular area to visit. It’s been an active place for locals for over 150 years. You can take the local speedboats through the man-made canal. You will see many local Thai houses and fruit farms as we pass through the Floating Market villages. We will stop to visit the floating market where you will be able to eat fresh fruits and freshly prepared food directly from the local vendors along the canals.
– (Optional program) Elephant Riding TripAdvisor Reviews (Optional program) Tiger Zoo TripAdvisor Reviews : If you would interest to do activities with elephant or/and tiger, I can add these activities in this itinerary. If you are not interested, you can skip these activities on tour. I’m flexible on tour, please feel free to request. Below are more details and extra costs.
(Estimate driving distance 40 minutes from the Floating Market to ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market)
3) ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market TripAdvisor Reviews : 1 – 2 hours enjoy spending lunch time and walk at the local ‘Klong Ladmayom’ Food Market where local Thais usually cook and sell Thai foods&snacks by their own unique recipes as a part-time job on the weekend. This market is located about 30 Kilometers / 18 miles outside Bangkok. Enjoy meals with delicious various type of Thai cuisines and snacks and sitting down at bamboo tables&benches along the breezy canal. (Recommended Thai foods: smoked fish serve with fresh vegetables and seafood sauce, hot smoked ribs marinate with honey, delicious grill chicken, papaya salad, noodles, crispy rice crackers etc.) Local Thais who lived nearby this market or Bangkok are always like to go to this market on the weekend to spend time and eat with their family, also they like to buy local ingredients, foods and seasonal fruits.
(Estimate driving distance 1 – 1.30 hours to your select places depend on location and traffic in Bangkok. Below are the details)
After finish the tour, the driver and I can drop you at the various different places in Bangkok, depend on where you would like to continue your own activities. We would happy to drop you at your request places located in Bangkok or these most request places; below are suggestion places and other details’)
Option 1) Drop off at your hotel.
Option 2) Jim Thompson House TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Jim Thompson house is a perfect indoor place for you, not only for silk lovers, but it’s a great place for who is looking to learn and see about Thai house and Thai living style. Jim Thompson was the American Businessman who moved and lived in Thailand after the world war II, he made Thai silk industry become well known to worldwide, what made his story became famous because of once he traveled to Malaysia and he just disappeared, and no one cannot find his body which it’s quite mystery story until today. The Jim Thompson House is open every day at 9 am – 6 pm. There are many English speaking guides provided by Jim Thompson House, a guide will explain you story about Jim Thompson, Thai living style, Thai decoration inside beautiful 2 storey teak wood house which used to own by Jim Thompson etc. The tour is joining group of 10-15 persons for 40 minutes tour around the beautiful teak wood house. The ticket fee is 150 Baht per person include English speaking guide.
Option 3) MBK Mall TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) One of the most famous biggest 7 storey air-con shopping mall for Thais and tourists where is open every day at 10am-10pm. This mall is very popular for tourists who are looking for Thai souvenirs (the 3rd floor) where there are many options, reasonable prices and enjoyable in air-con for shopping, this mall also has knockoff brand name products such as bags, watches or etc.
Option 4) ‘Chatuchak’ Weekend Market TripAdvisor Reviews : (Optional) Weekend Market where is opened only on Saturday and Sunday at 9am-7pm. This biggest market is one of the most destination open-air shopping market for Thais and tourists who are looking for local Thai souvenirs and shopping. There are more than 8000 Shops where you can select many types of souvenir products with many options and reasonable price ranges. I highly recommend this market as it’s my favorite shopping [place in Bangkok if your tour in Bangkok is on the weekend (Sat-Sun)
Using a private van with air-conditioning on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 2 – 3 kilometers / 1 – 3 miles on tour. The boat riding takes approximately time 2 – 2.30 hours. The approximate driving distance from Bangkok to the Train Market and Floating Market are 1.30 – 2 hours on each way.
The tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups, friends, families with young children who may not be used to the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
Price per person in THB
2) Licensed English Speaking Guide (I will pick you up/drop off at your hotel or your request places in Bangkok)
3) Private Van Commuter: Air-Conditioned with professional licensed driver + Refreshments (cold waters and cold towels) + Fuel + Tolls + Parking fees
4) Travel accident insurance
Not Included :
1) Lunch per person costs approximately 80-150 THB for local street foods or 200-300 THB for restaurants
2) (If the tour takes longer than 8 hours) Overtime after 8 hours for tour guide and driver are 600 THB per hour per group
3) Pick up or/and drop off at the airports or hotels around Donmuang Airport (DMK) or Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) Please click here for more details
4) (Optional activity) Elephant Ride TripAdvisor Reviews 600 THB per person for 20 minutes: Riding elephant, elephant will walk through the local village nearby the floating market and canals. Half of elephant body gets wet but you do not get soak. No bathing the elephant in this program here.
5) (Optional activity) Damnernsaduak Tiger zoo: TripAdvisor Reviews: Photos option fee;
– Bring extra things on tour: To prevent heat stroke, overheating or sunburn; I would recommend you bring suncream, sunglasses, medicine, hat or umbrellas etc. if you need.
– Thai Baht cash on tour: The balance payment is only required THB cash on tour. I do not have a credit card swipe machine with me on/during the tours. Local shops, vendors, souvenir shops, transportation etc. are required only THB cash. You can able pay by credit card only at the restaurant and there are 2-3% surcharged.
|Terms & Conditions :
Update my daily tour here: