Are You Looking For 'Get Off The Beaten Track' Tour in Bangkok? 'Klong Mahasawat' Might Be Your Answer.
Agricultural Tour 'Klong Mahasawat' 2019
Klong Mahasawat Agricultural Tour
Klong means 'Canal'
Mahasawat canal was made in 1859-1860 for the irrigation for the farmlands and transportation to Bangkok.
Agricultural Tour was started over 20 years ago by the headquarters of this local villages, at first the main purpose to show Thais, a group of students, etc to learn about local lifestyle of this community. Nowadays this tour is also well known to tourists who are looking for 'get off the beaten track' activities.
Non-touristic area only drive 40 -60 minutes from Bangkok city where you can feel real Thai peaceful lifestyle without crowded.
Travel by local speed boat to do 4 highlight activities. Total time takes 2.30 - 3 hours.
1) Take paddle boat in the biggest lotus flower farm.
2) Ride farm truck to see the fruit farms and rice fields.
3) Learn how to make rice crispy cracker.
4) Visit the largest orchid farm.
Before all activities start, enjoy feed bread to massive catfish in the canal. Then take a long tail boat ride to do all 4 activities, each platform takes 5 - 15 minutes by boat.
1) Take paddle boat in the biggest lotus flower farm. Every other day, the owner of the farm will collect 1000-1500 lotus flowers and sell to Flower Market in Bangkok.
Lotus flower means the purification of the lord buddha teaching. As more than 90% of Thais are Buddhists, hence Thais use all flowers specific lotus flower as an offering to Buddhist temples.
2) Ride farm truck to see the fruit farms and rice fields. The owner of the farm would ride his man-made farm truck 10 minutes to show you his farms where he usually picks up all of his products by using this truck.
These amazing green farms have so many kinds of fruits such as pomelo (grapefruit), banana, mangoes, jackfruits, and other seasonal fruits. Most of my customers are amazing how he rides his farm truck especially the way how he turns left or turns right with his special skills and experiences.
3) Learn how to make rice crispy cracker. One of the well-known product of this local community is a rice cracker. Thais love snacking all day and rice cracker is our favorite and we can keep it for 2 months.
You will learn how to make the dry rice cracker, deep fried with the delicious sauce recipe and topping with sasame seeds and shredded pork.
4) Visit the largest orchid farm. One of the top export product is the orchid flower. Because we have strong humidity, we can grow orchid very easily and very cheap price.
You will surprise how inexpensive of our orchids are, that why Thais use orchid and other flowers as an offering to temples and spirit house daily.
The total 4 activities may take 2 - 2.30 hours depending on the group size.
Bangkok Guide Smile
#klongmahasawat #agricultural #agrotour #bangkokguidesmile #bangkokdaytour #bangkoktourguide #TripAdvisorBangkok #bangkoktours #bangkokprivatetourguide #guidebangkok