Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple
Reclining Buddha Temple ‘Wat Pho’
Temple of Dawn ‘Wat Arun’
Visit Ruin Temples in Ayutthaya Historical Park
The Buddha Head in the Tree Roots ‘Wat Mahathat’
The Ancient Palace of Ayutthaya Capital ‘Wat Phra Sri San Phet’
The Oldest Reclining Buddha Image in Thailand ‘Wat Lokayasutharam’
The Temple of Victory and Prosperity ‘Wat Chaiwatthanaram’
The River Boat Trip around Ayutthaya Historical Park
(Estimate driving distance 30 – 50 minutes from your hotel to temples, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
1) The Royal Grand Palace & 2) The Emerald Buddha Temple : Visit the current kingdom of Thailand where all Thai kings have used this palace to rule the country in ‘Absolute Monarchy’ during 1782-1932 and also used to be the private residence of the Kings and Royal families. Inside the Grand Palace, there is the most beautiful temple in Thailand ‘The Emerald Buddha Temple’ where is the most highly respected Buddha image for Thais called ‘The Emerald Buddha’.
3) The Reclining Buddha Temple ‘Wat Pho’ : Visit the most beautiful Reclining Buddha image in Thailand - Length 46 meters / 150 feet with the beautiful gold material which was built in 1832. This temple is also regarded as the first public university in Thailand where the prescriptions of Thai traditional massage techniques are taught even to the present day.
4) The Temple of Dawn ‘Wat Arun’ : This temple was the previous kingdom of Thailand before The Grand Palace in 1767 – 1782. This Prang Hindu Temple is decorated by porcelain - Height 67 meters / 220 feet. Climbing up on the ‘Prang - Hindu Temple‘ to see the beautiful ‘Chaopraya River’ and ‘The Grand Palace’ from the other side of the river.
Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Bangkok to Ayutthaya. Below itinerary, all the temples are located very close to the historical park, it’s about 5-10 minutes by driving to each temple)
5) Wat Mahathat : The iconic image of ‘a Buddha head suspended in tree roots’ This is a “Must See” in Ayutthaya. Wat Mahathat it’s one of the oldest temples in Ayutthaya built in 1374.
6) Wat Phrasrisanphet : Visit The Ancient Palace of Ayutthaya Kingdom in 1350 -1767. Take photos with the beautiful Stupa-Cemetery Kings of Ayutthaya in Wat Phrasrisanphet temple of the Ayutthaya Palace.
7) Wat Lokayasuttharam : The oldest Reclining Buddha image in all of Thailand since 1452. Length 42 meters / 140 feet
8) Local Speed Boat : Take local speed boat ride around Ayutthaya’s historical park where 3 rivers that make the historical park as though an island on the map view surround the historical park. This is the reason why Ayutthaya was the longest reigning capital of Thailand over 417 years. Enjoy seeing local Thai lifestyle along the river while feeding the rivers catfish. The boat will dock right at Wat Chaiwatthanaram where this temple is the most beautiful temple in Ayutthaya and access from the river beautifully.
9) Wat Chaiwatthanaram : Visit the most beautiful temple complex in Ayutthaya where you can see a replica of ‘Angkor Wat - Cambodia’ - One of the 7 Wonders of the World.
(Estimate driving distance 1.30 – 2 hours from Ayutthaya back to Bangkok, depend on your hotel location and traffic in Bangkok)
Using a private van with air-conditioning on tour:
The private commuter van is highly recommended for an easy and relaxing way to travel around Bangkok. It’s very comfortable with air-conditioning to keep you cool in Bangkok’s high temperatures and high humidity. Average temps in Bangkok 29-38C/85-100F with high humidity 70-90%. We will provide all refreshments such as cold waters, cold towels, and umbrellas on all trips.
On tour, the approximate walking distance to anticipate is 6 – 8 kilometers / 4 – 5 miles. The boat riding takes approximately total time 40 – 60 minutes. The estimate driving distance from Bangkok to Ayutthaya is 1.30 – 2 hours on each way.
This tour uses an Air-Conditioned Minivan for easy transportation. This is suitable for large groups, friends, families with young children who may not be used to the high temperatures and high humidity in Bangkok. Anyone who is unable to walk long distances on tour and also for those who might be tired from jetlag or long flights the day before your tour begins.
Private Tour 1 Person | 14200 THB Per Person
Private Tour 2 Persons | 7900 THB Per Person
Private Tour 3 Persons | 6000 THB Per Person
Private Tour 4 Persons | 5100 THB Per Person
Private Tour 5 Persons | 4600 THB Per Person
1. Dinner per person costs approximately 100-300 THB per person for local restaurants
2. (If the tour takes longer than 12 hours) Overtime after 12 hours for tour guide is 500 THB per hour per group.
3. Pick up | Drop off | Airport Transfer - More Details
1. The private group more than 5 persons, please contact me.
2. I only arrange a private group tour of couples, family with children or teenager(s), group of friend(s), co-worker(s). I do not arrange a join group tour.
3. In Thailand, a child temple entry fee is based on height, not age. The height below 120 Cm. / 4 Ft. is considered as a child (free) entry in all Palaces and Temples. On tour, the fee will be charged as an adult price for all child is taller than 120 Cm / 4 Ft. Please confirm the height of your child below or above 120 Cm / 4 Ft. and I will send you the correct price details and etc. of your request itineraries again.
1. All temple ticket fees
- The Grand Palace and The Emerald Buddha Temple
- Wat Pho ‘The Reclining Buddha Temple’
- Wat Arun ‘The Temple of Dawn’
- Wat Mahathat
- Wat Phrasrisanphet
- Wat Lokayasuttharam
- Wat Chaiwatthanaram
- Local boat around Ayutthaya Historical park for 40-60 minutes
3. Licensed English Speaking Guide
4. Private van Commuter: Air-Conditioned with professional licensed driver + Refreshments (cold waters and cold towels) + Fuel + Tolls + Parking fees
5. Travel accident insurance
(Require passport details)
Occasionally, Some buildings in the Emerald Buddha Temple or the Royal Grand Palace will be closed for special ceremonies of the Royal Families without notice. You will be able to see the decoration outside Throne Halls.
Dress Code to visit the Grand Palace & All Buddhist Temples in Thailand. Please click here to read full details
Terms & Conditions
After checking the tour availability and other details, the confirmation tour requires a deposit of 50 USD per group. Without a deposit payment, there is no reservation or confirmation for a tour. The deposit is non-refundable. I usually have 18 - 25 booking days on each month. I only work by myself without other tour guides and my schedule tour is usually booked very fast. I would recommend you make the reservation in advance.
The confirmation tour booking is first come first serve. After I receive the deposit, I will send you the confirmation tour and details of the balance payment on your tour again.
The list on the itinerary is 12 hours tour standard charged. If your tour is not finished within 12 hours, still the same charge.
This is pre-planned tour: If you decide to end the tour early or skip some of the activities, the tour rate remains the same, as this is a pre-planned guided tour.